Brooke's adventures on her mission in Singapore.... leave comments, send pictures... Keep up with her...

Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13 Last letter

Apa Khabar semua kawankawan terkasihku :)
It is incredibly odd at this moment to think that this will be my last email.
Because, wah I feel like I'm going to be this set apart missionary forever. It still has not settled in yet to be honest. Feels like home is a dream, a distant past that I will never see again. 
Honest.  It hasn't entered my logical thinking yet.  I haven't really even started packing, that's how unreal it feels. I Should probably start! lol. I'm going to Singapore the day after tomorrow, so that might be a good idea.
God has really blessed me on my mission to keep my thoughts focused on the work and to not miss home. 
I suppose it is in part due to the fact that I have desired to serve as a full time missionary since I was 12 or 13.  I've looked forward to this time for so long and now it's all coming to an end (a least this part of my missionary service ;) ..)

The mission has been the best non-stop experience of my life.  
I of course know that this is not the end and that this is just the launch pad, and my life is just beginning and so on and so forth that everyone keeps telling me.. ha... But I"m just super grateful to my Heavenly Father that he trusted me enough to serve as a Representative of His Perfect Son.  That his perfect Son was so willing to suffer for my individual struggles, sicknesses, heartaches, sins, and all other feelings that were less than pleasant, so that I could become worthy enough to enter his sacred temple and be set apart from the world for 18 months, wear his name upon my chest and invite others to come unto him, through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.  THERE IS NO GREATER CALL!
Before I close this email I have another miracle to share with you all!
Our branch had a vision to reactivate the branch and have the members love each other and fulfill callings. We had a goal to have 10 active priesthood and 10 active women by the 16 of Jan. 2014. Currently at the time we had 3 men fulfilling their callings and going to priesthood class (our branch president, 1st counselor and elders quorum President).
We prayed and prayed and prayed some more and fasted and worked hard and strengthened less active families. Yesterday, Sunday came and there were 11 priesthood holding, white shirt wearing men in sacrament meeting! And even more women. :D :D D: 
Getting them to the next two classes will be a work in progress lol.
But it was just a huge miracle to me on my last Sunday to see how merciful God was to us all in answering our prayer full of faith! I Know God answers our faith filled prayers!...Alma 18:32

The things I have learned on my mission are ENDLESS! I have been creating a list on my mission of course, and would have loved to type it up but left it at home.
I will try and write it on my blog when I get home.
But mostly what I've learned is that, 
Jesus is the CHRIST. Thee Savior of all Mankind. It is only through him can we as imperfect beings Return Back to God's Presence.
May we all prepare ourselves day by day and decision by decision to choose to follow him and his loving commandments of safety and peace, that we may find Rest together in the Kingdom of Our God D&C 15:6
God has created the Plan of Salvation and happiness for us so that we can become LIKE him. It is Marvelous in every aspect.  The greatest advice I have for you all is to READ THE BOOK OF MORMON.  Where in it you can find All the answers to your questions and all the guidance you need to return safely and happily back to our Loving Father in Heavens arms.
The Book of Mormon IS the word of God and does contain the FULNESS and complete Gospel of Christ and was translated by a Prophet Seer and Revelator Of God, Joseph Smith. 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's and contains all of the correct restored teachings and the Priesthood power and authority of God to perform all of the ordinances needed to Return back to him again.  I know these things to be absolute truth and invite all of you to find out for yourself.  I promise that it will bless your eternal existence more than you could possibly hope to dream for.  These things are TRUE. I so testify In the Name Of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sister Blauer











No comments: