Brooke's adventures on her mission in Singapore.... leave comments, send pictures... Keep up with her...

Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11

November 11, 2013 (Today is Brooke's Birthday)

Hello my beautiful family!
Thank you for all of the wonderful birthday wishes! You're the best! :D
I am so grateful to you all. I am so grateful to God that he put me into the family that he did. I wouldn't ask for it any other way :)  I am truly blessed and I know that GOD put me into the family I am for a myriad of reasons.
Singapore was Great this week! We had a zone conference with east! Sister Thompson and I had to speak FOUR Times. eeeh. People probably got sick of hearing from us haha. I gave a talk on weekly planning and using time wisely.  And then later we gave a training on weekly planning, and a training on companionship unity, and then we had departing testimonies for those who were leaving in the next three months.  UGH. haha. It was wonderful though! But it was sad, but didn't seem real.
So we arrived back from Singapore and continued the Lords work in Kuching!  We have a wonderful new investigator named Tatu (21 years old) so kind! Wants to worship and wants to feel close to God again. He is from Kampung and the youngest out of 7 kids so coming here on his own was a big step for him. He is very shy.  But when we had a lesson at the church with him he felt so much peace! He believed what we taught of Joseph Smith was true. He could feel it in his heart. Later that night he sent us an email saying the following.
"ok sampai sekarang saya masih merasakan kuasa bapa di syurga. Yesus Kristus masih bersamama sama dengan saya,
dan saya boleh merasakan perubahaan dalam diri saya semenjak saya keluar dari gereja tadi.
he said, okay until now I still feel the power of Heavenly Father.  Jesus Christ is still with me and I can feel a cause of change in myself since I left from the church earlier.
!! :))
He's awesome!  We pray he continues progressing!
As for the Huge family of twelve that we met after my ripped skirt haha. We saw them again last night! And they're as awesome as ever!  They are Slakau and so basically everyone we teach, their first language is not Malay  because the Malay language is for Islam people. (They mostly speak Bahasa Sarawak, a dialect of Malay). So, we teach people here really simply and generally teach them a lot before they get baptized to make sure they understand.  They Love learning though and want to continue to come closer to God.
I love my Savior.  I will be forever indebted to him.
Love Sister Blauer
3 Nephi 27:13

No comments: