Brooke's adventures on her mission in Singapore.... leave comments, send pictures... Keep up with her...

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18

Nama Berita semua!
MANAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :)))
 
Wah! Baby bear is getting cuter and cuter by the week! I did not think 
that was possible! haha. I love him so much already.
p.s. I'm buying a machete today. I hope that's okay :)
 
Everything here in the tribal tropical land of Miri, Malaysia is going 
splendidly!  I feel so blessed too because even though we switched 
areas, I still get to see everyone else from our old area at church on 
Sunday!
Also! Brother Eching will be getting baptized not this Saturday but the 
next! EEK I'm so flipping excited for him! I pray I don't get 
transferred out of Miri before then so i can witness it all! :D
 
Sister Taylor And I are loving our new area! It's a lot of shacks and 
houses on rivers.
So A lot of our investigators right now are little children.  With 
parents that are either less actives, or investigators also. Another one 
is a grandpa and he's a super strong member. I love this area! We have 
so many strong members and so it makes the lessons go a ton easier! 
  Especially when they speak Iban and their understanding of Malay isn't 
perfect.  Member presence helps out immensely with the translating and 
understanding and support. I do not know what we would do with out 
members here!
 
GUESS WHAT?  THE BOOK OF MORMON IN MALAY IS BEING PRINTED RIGHT NOW! :D 
:D :D :D :D D:
I know that they have been saying that for quite some time now, but this 
time is for real! Normally they make 4000 copies, but President Mains is 
making them print 10,000 COPIES! He wants to flood Malaysia with the 
Book of Mormon
 
Each missionary will get a box, and the goal is to give one out each 
day! SO STOKED! I hope and pray I'm still in a language speaking area 
where they will actually read Malay!
 
So yes! Sister Taylor and I have been loving our area! She is doing 
leaps and bounds better and I am so proud of her! She is picking up on 
things so well, and she has a true love for the people! She is so kind 
and sweet. I am so lucky to have her!
I'm scared to see what will happen to us next week at transfers :/
 
I Also miss sister Burtis like crazy. Have you talked to her since she 
came home last Friday?
please tell her I love her!
 
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.  The die has been cast! I 
have stepped over the line.  the decision has been made; I am a disciple 
of Jesus Christ.  I won't look back, let up slow down, or be still.  My 
past is redeemed my presence makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm 
finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, 
colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldy talking, cheap giving, and 
dwarfed goals.  I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, 
plaudits or popularity.  I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk 
with patience  am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.  My path is 
set, my gait is fast, and my goal is heaven.  My road is narrow, my way 
is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is 
clear!  I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided 
or delayed.  I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice hesitate in the 
presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder 
at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.  I 
won't give up, shut up or let up until i have stayed up, stored up and 
paid up for the cause of Christ.  I must go until he comes, give til' I 
drop, preach til; I know, and work until he stops me.  And when he 
returns for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me.  My Banner 
will be Clear."
 
I love you All. BERTAHAN SAMPAI AKHIR!
Love Sister Blauer
 

No comments: