Brooke's adventures on her mission in Singapore.... leave comments, send pictures... Keep up with her...

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3 2012


Selamat Hari Natal!!!!!!!!!.. Hampir... :)

So of course!.. This week has been stellar. :)
So much has happened! I'll try and tell a bit of everything so I can get it all in!
Sylvester is INCREDIBLE!!. Every time we see him he's like (looking over the rims of his glasses) Sisters..... I need more of those.. umm small books... (plan of salvation and restoration pamphlets) ... we're like.. Sylvester.. we just gave you like 20 last week?  he's like,... I know but I've already given them all out to people. I have more friends I want to share the gospel with. .....  .... :D  ah!.. SO great he is!.... Hes a NEW convert!.. and he's already sharing the gospel more than most of us LONG TIME MEMBERS do!! He is an example to all!

ooh! I had my FIRST candle light lesson this week also! I took pictures so I'll have to send them!  (I got a new camera p.s. )
..so sad that so many people don't have electricity..... long story with that family.   WE ARE SO BLESSED!

AH!!...BEFORE I FORGET!! Our Awesome investigator Augustine (Bungan's son.. kind of.. lol.. and erics "older brother" haha )  He has a huge addiction to alcohol, and the plan before wasn't working. sooooooooooooo,  We thought, hey, we're not gonna have him do this alone, sooo.. Sister Burtis and I gave up.. Candy.. and Chocolate.......................................................................... .. Yes. ....I'm serious. .. lol.... HARD TO BELIEVE!! I know.. haha... but we've been going strong for about a week now!.... ... ....Keep us in your prayers haha.. just kidding .... Keep Augustine in your prayers that he will be able to give up his addiction. He wants to be baptized and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and just change his whole life around!  And of Course the Lord will help you with anything if you lean on him and use the Power of the Infinite Atonement.

oh yes!.. haha.. So the other day,.. Eric (13 yr old.. newly baptized) ..... said,.. sisters... If I were to lose the Holy Ghost.. How could I get it back? .... ........... we're like... of course you can! .. but...... do you think you have lost the Holy Ghost Eric? ...... (we did a visual aid with him with a blanket couple of weeks ago) .. he thought that if he was cold then that meant he had lost the holy ghost....!! .. and he got cold the other night and so he thought he had lost the Holy Ghost!..... ahh.. BLESS HIS LITTLE HEART!!!  LOL.... ah... .. So OF course we tried explained again!!.

We also have an investigator Freeda and IFong.... Freeda has already read all of 1 Nephi!..... Her husband can't read so she's been reading to him :) ... She has yet to get an answer if it is true or not, but tidak lama lagi!  she will.

We also had THREE individual less active people come to church that we had invited back!!!... AH... SO wonderful to see them come back!!....
If there is one thing that I have learned on my mission, .. it is that...... When i get home.. I am going to be better at fulfilling my duty of Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... And I am going to do my best at bringing those who have gone astray back into the fold.. THOSE WHO ARE LOST AND HAVE GONE ASTRAY,.. THEY ARE OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS MEMBERS!...

So I think that that is about it for the week!
Oh yes!.. We're getting a new house by the way! With this next batch of missionaries coming in, we're probably gonna have FOUR sisters in Miri!! =) ... So we're moving this Saturday probably! :)  closer to our area!!!! wahooo!! (and closer to emart hahaha )

I love you ALLLLLLL so deeply much!!!.. I'll find out transfers next Monday!!! pray I stay in MIRI!!! lol

Dengan Kasih,
Sister Blauer



I have always loved the story of the Son of King Louis XVI of France Because he had an unshakable knowledge of his Identity.  As a young man, he was kidnapped by evil men who had dethroned his father, the king.  these men knew that if they could destroy him morally, he would not be heir to the throne.  For six months they subjected him to every vile thing life had to offer, and yet he never yielded under pressure.  this puzzled his captors and after doing everything they could think of, they asked him why he had such great moral strength.  His reply was simple, he said, "I cannot do what you ask, for I was Born to Be a King."

No comments: