Brooke's adventures on her mission in Singapore.... leave comments, send pictures... Keep up with her...

Monday, October 15, 2012

2nd Letter

WOW!.................... I am Completely Blown away by ALL of your emails!!!!..... Thank you SO much for writing me... that means SO much! .......  After I didn't get much from you last week all of your Good lengthy Letters Meant a lot to me:)) ....  .. I only wish that I had the time on the computer to write you all each and individually .. more meaningful and longer emails... I feel horrible that I can't write you all more. .... But your letters are appreciated more than you can possibly know!
WOw though! .... Your Cruise sounded AMAZING! I am so happy for you... SO happy that you were able to go..  makes me smile like this ------------->  =D
 
AH! REAL quick! .. WE get to go into SINGAPORE FOR Zone Conference this week! woot woot! .. Gonna stock up on Peanut Butter and American groceries! hahaha.. but seriously :!
 
So this week was... like............... CRAZY GOOD!
...  We have THREE PEOPLE on Date for Baptism!! bahhh!.. ALL of which are SUPER STRONG! ..and have the Desire to be baptized and Follow The Teachings of Jesus Christ. ..  One is Eric, the 12 year old little boy who's mom is a member (we'll get the dad soon enough :) haha .. ) .. Then there is Kristopher (back on date again from the missionaries before for December 1st) .. And then Delianus! .. The kid we met at Cold Storage from Indonesia who has a family of eight but he's here alone working!... SO we met with him last Tuesday on his off day and he LOVED everything! Was listening SO intently and eating up everything we were sharing with him! .. He wants to be baptized the last week of November! .. So GET THIS! .........................  We gave him the Book of Mormon 6 days ago............... He has already read up until the End of 2 Nephi............................................................................  He sent us a text last night .. the last verse in 2 Nephi. ...  for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.  .............................. :O
.. Like HOLY COW!... This Kid has been SO prepared by the Lord. ...... I am just in awe about the whole thing. ....  I am so blessed to witness all of this and to be a part of helping him along the way ...
 
Also!.. Remember me telling you all about Ajam Jok? ..... The old feller who started talking to us on the sidewalk and brought us in to meet his family? ... He doesn't understand everything cause he speaks Bahi? ... and Malay also .. but doesn't speak very well cause of his lack of teeth from chewing so much beetle nut? lol. ...  Ya! .. Well this past week he has already brought us to TWO other Christian homes! .. who were both INCREDIBLE! so ready. .....  And then last night after week met his older children ( who want to learn also! ... a third referral lol .. ) Before we left he was like,.. OH! I have 3 more houses I want to take you to. ...... Sister Burtis and I are like,.... where does this guy come from?? .. like SeriouSLY!!.............. A MIRACLE WORKER! .... We joked about him being one of the Three Nephites.................... hahahaha... .......... hey. ... it's POSSIBLE! ......
But anywho! .. He is seriously a huge blessing to us. .. Definitely foreordained for so many great things ... one of them being to help us find those prepared to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. ..
 
BY THE WAY!!!.. we don't get to listen to Conference til NEXT week! .. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttt WHAT IN THE WORLD!~?!?!!??!!????!!!!!!!!! .. GIRLS CAN GO AT 19 NOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  .. I honestly STILL cannot believe it!! !! bahhhhhhhhh SO HAPPY!!! :D :D D: D: D   ..... I can't get over it lol. .... and boys at 18! .. my goodness!... So exciting! .. I have So many thoughts about the matter. ...  These are the Days=)
 
Also! before I forget.. .don't pay my fast offerings! .. I already paid.. apparently I pay here whoops :) let me know if you did though so I don't pay next month.
 
Before I depart=)  .. I have a spiritual thought from conference to leave with you... conference from two years ago I mean.. hahaha. ....  from may 2011 by Elder Dallin H. Oaks ... talking about the man from southern Utah who was mountain climbing or biking or something.. fell into the crevice and the 800 pound rock fell on his arm.... stuck there for 5 days and eventually had to cut off his arm...
 
..... Most of us will never face such an extreme crisis, but all of us face potential traps that will prevent progress toward our eternal destiny.  If our righteous desires are sufficiently intense they will motivate us to cut and carve ourselves free from addictions and other sinful pressures and priorities that prevent our eternal progress.
      We should remember that righteous desires cannot be superficial, impulsive, or temporary.  They must be heartfelt, unwavering, and permanent.  So motivated, we will seek for that condition described by the Prophet Joseph Smith, where we have "Overcome the evils of (our lives) and lost every desire for sin."  that is a very personal decision.  As Elder Neal A. Maxwell Said:
      "When people are described as 'having lost their desire for sin,' it is they, and they only, who deliberately decided to lose those wrong desires by being willing to 'give away all (their) sins' in order to know God."
      "Therefore, what we insistently desire, over time, is what we will eventually become and what we will receive in Eternity."
 
....  That part of the Story really hit me and I felt the need to share it will all who read this email. ...
 
Another quote I found in the Daughters of Our Kingdom book... " Your body is more Precious than the most exquisite temple on Earth!.. You are God's beloved Son or Daughter! ..."
 
I love you all family and Friends!!! Hope all is well. .. Your in my thoughts and Prayers always ..
This Church Is TRUE. ...
Love Sister Blauer

No comments: